Friday, March 06, 2009

A passing moment

Last week while spending some time onshore, opting to take a break from the rollers that had been going on for the past week.. Generally it was just a normal back and forth rolling motion with some pitching, but every once and a while a roller of some significance would come through the anchorage… These rollers will dump any loose stuff on the countertops, throw me off my balance, but I am getting better, roll me back and forth on the 24 inch wide bunk all night… I chose to sleep in the main salon while at anchorage, especially in bad weather … It is located mid-ship and has the least motion, but primarily I sleep there because of it’s close proximity to my anchor watch alarm I have set on the GPS unit, at the navigation station, at all times while at anchor where I am able to more easily hear it should my anchor start dragging, which is not a good thing, especially in the middle of the night…
While standing on the Malecon, looking out to sea Stuart pointed out some Humpback whales out at sea rising up out of the water and crashing back into the sea… Now that woulda been a picture!!
The weather is not forecasted to be very pleasant over the next few days, and I may assemble my Fortress anchor and set it up for quick deployment off the bow should my primary decide to skip…

No comments: